Thursday, October 13, 2011

Knitcircus Gift 2011

I am so proud to be included again this year in the Knitcircus Gifts Issue.  It has 13 patterns, a couple recipes (one is mine!), and a terrific article on knitting with beads by Laura Nelkin.

Winter tide KC_Gifts2011_cover_small (2)

My pattern is called Winter Tide.  It comes in 2 versions.  A cowl and an infinity scarf.  It features reversible cables and is knitted in the round.  It's simple enough to make for great tv or travel knitting.  I know the samples went everywhere with me. 

The long version came be worn as a long loop or doubled up as shown.  It uses 1 skein of Miss Babs Yowza - Whatta Skein.  I used Light Turquoise.

winter tide long version 4 (2)

The cowl is closer fitting but not tight.  It uses half a skein (or about 280 yds).  1 Yowza will get you 2 cowls and head start on your holiday knitting!

winter tide short version 5 (2)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment